Saturday, April 13, 2013
Day 9 Ayah 9
April 13, 2013
They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not.
This ayah is basically a continuation of the previous ayah. It explains who the believers are, and shows what their true faith is.
- The hypocrites show themselves as believers while concealing thier disbelief and they think that they are deceiving Allah Ta'ala.
- They think that they are misleading Allah SWT and this shows thier ignorant ways.
- they think as that if some believers are deceived by their ways, Allah will surely be deceived as well. But we know that Allah is the All-Knowing and the All-Seeing, and he knows everything that lies in every individual's heart.
- Allah states that hypocrites only deceive themselves by their hypocritical ways and they are unaware of this fact.
- In another ayah of the Holy Quran, Allah Swt says "Verily, the hypocrites try to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. (4:142)"" to show that Allah cannot be deceived.
- Sa`id said that Qatadah commented, "This is the description of a hypocrite. He is devious; he says the truth with his tongue and defies it with his heart and deeds. He wakes up in a condition other than the one he goes to sleep in, and goes to sleep in a different condition than the one he wakes up in. He changes his mind just like a ship that moves about whenever a wind blows.''
- There are two types of hypocrites, they are those who are the non Muslim spies & the second type of hypocrite is that which can apply to any human being on earth. It is he who thinks that they are Muslim and they do their duties but some of their actions make them of the hypocrites and they are not even aware of it.
1. May Allah Ta'ala give us the Tawfeeq and make us steadfast in all our duties towards him. May we be of those who are promised Jannah, and not of those who are hypocrites and are not aware of it.
2. Be truthful in all our actions.
3. Seek forgiveness from previous sins and start a new slate, a new chapter in life.